Horseback holidays at Lindores – Rated No.1 by EQy magazine 2017.
At Lindores we offer a range of holidays with your horse to suit all budgets, with prices starting from £30 per night.
Why come to Lindores?
Everyone loves spending time with their horse / family / friends, so why not bring them all with you? We are situated just outside Newburgh in the stunning Fife Countryside and offer the ideal retreat for you and your four legged friend(s). There is plenty of hacking / walking around the farm with stunning scenery, we have a large enclosed grass paddock for riding in (complete with a course of show jumps), 30 stables, a tack room and an awesome cross country course with fences ranging from 30cm – 1m+.
There are a number of local instructors who visit Lindores, who would be happy to help should you want to fit in a lesson as well (lesson bookable directly with individuals). In addition Howe Country Centre hosts has a full competition and training schedule and is a short (12 minute) drive away. For those who wish to travel slightly further afield then over five miles of sandy beach awaits you at St Andrews West Sands and Tentsmuir Forest.
And for when you are off your horse there are a huge number of local places of interest / tourist attractions all within a short drive including the brand new Lindores Abbey Distillery with cafe, Perth, St Andrews, Falkland and much more.
Our friendly family run farm at Lindores offers the ideal place to come and have fun with your horses and we are also dog friendly too. Stabling costs £20 per night and you can choose to buy hay, straw, shavings whatever suits your horse and makes them feel at home.
Hacking around the farm is welcomed and riders can make use of the cross country course, sand school and grass show jumping paddock which are available to hire from £20 per horse for an hour. Body protectors must be worn when on the cross country course and you must be accompanied by someone on foot or horseback for safety.
There are a number of accommodation options available.
- Lindores Lodge – a self-catering luxury lodge which sleeps 6+2 is a short distance from the stables and boasts stunning views and a hot tub, to really help you unwind. Booking via Lindores – Stay Ride Relax
- The Glasshouse – a self-catering luxury lodge which sleeps 4+2 is also a short distance from the stables and boasts stunning views and a hot tub. Booking via Lindores – Stay Ride Relax
- The Arches – a self-catering luxury lodge for couples seeking a romantic break. The semi detached steading conversion is a short distance from the stables abut with additional spa facilities for ultimate private luxury. Booking via Lindores – Stay Ride Relax
- Pitch your tent – We have space to cater for a small number of tents, with toilet, shower and catering facilities onsite.
Campers are welcome to use the bothy which also has a wood burner and small kitchen / fridge. Pitch price is £10/night for 2 people and £5 per person thereafter.
- Bring your caravan / horsebox – We have hard standing for caravan and horseboxes and also have electric hook up points.
You are of course welcome to use the shower and bothy. Lorry parking from £10 per night for 2 people and £5 per person thereafter.
- Local B&B’s – there are a number of B&B’s available locally for those wanting a proper bed! Please book these directly, for more information google accommodation near Newburgh.
Please contact Lindores directly for booking stables / tent / horsebox pitches at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book early to avoid disappointment. We look forward to seeing you soon!